- To study half wave rectification.
- To study full wave rectification.
- To study measurement of ripple and ripple reduction methods using the following:
- Capacitor filter.
- Inductor filter.
- Choke input of L.C. filter.
- CLC or p filter.
- To study Zener – diode voltage regulator circuit.
- To study series voltage regulator.
- To study series regulator with current limiting.
- To study error feed-back type series voltage regulator.
- To study the use of Darlington transistor pair for increasing the current capability of series voltage regulator.
- To study a shunt voltage regulator with current limiting.
- To study a shunt voltage regulator with adjustable current limiting.
- To study a 0-9V D.C. continuously variable volt age regulated power supply and measure the following:
- Line regulation.
- Load regulation.
- Ripple factor.
The board consists of the following built-in parts :
- 9V A.C. at 300mA, Power Supply.
- 0-200mA Electronic load.
- Three NPN and one PNP transistor including a power transistor.
- 4 diodes, 3 Zener diodes, 2 potentiometers, 1 inductor.
- Adequate no. of other electronic components.
- Mains ON/OFF switch, Fuse and Jewel light.
- The unit is operative on 230V ±10% at 50Hz A.C. Mains.
- Adequate no. of patch cords stackable from rear both ends 4mm spring loaded plug length ½ metre.
- Good Quality, reliable terminal/sockets are provided at appropriate places on panel for connections/ observation of waveforms.
- Strongly supported by detailed Operating Instructions, giving details of Object, Theory, Design procedures, Report Suggestions and Book References.
- Weight : 3 Kg. (Approx.)
- Dimension : W 340 x H 110 x D 210
Other Apparatus Required:
- 0-200 mA D.C. Milliammeter
- 0-15VD.C. Voltmeter
- Variac 0-270 Volts at 2 Amp
- Cathode Ray Oscilloscope 20MHz