Albedo Net.Hunter is an FPGA based hand held capture appliance capable of capturing ALL packets on a full duplex GbE line. Packets that match any of the 15 + 15 user defined hardware filters can be saved to the internal SSD (Solid State Drive) or sent to another tool via the mirroring (output) ports. All operations are executed at FULL line rate in both directions (Tx & Rx) with zero delay (nS) and zero loss to the live traffic.
With it’s flexible configuration modes Net.Hunter can act as in tap or filter mode. In tap mode data is passed through the unit unaltered and any data that matches the filters can be stored on the internal SDD or sent to the mirroring output ports to be sent to another tool. In filter mode Net.Hunter can be connected to an external tap or mirror port and data that matches the filters can be stored or sent to the mirroring output ports. Net.Hunter can also aggregate traffic from the input ports and send this data to another tool out of one of the mirroring ports.
Net.Hunter is undetectable on the circuit under test with no MAC or IP address making it ideal for security applications. Operating at line speed with no delay or loss of traffic Net.Hunter is the ideal tool for network troubleshooting, forensics and security where capturing off network data is paramount.
• Multilayer Trigger
• Several conditions for trigger set up
• Logical trigger functions
• When trigger is on all the traffic is save on disk
• Sixteen (16) simultaneous filters can be applied to the traffic.
• Ethernet source and destination MAC addresses
• Selection of MAC address sets with masks
• Ethertype value with selection mask,
• VLAN-VID with selection mask,
• VLAN-CoS value with selection mask
• IP source, destination, and source-and-destination
• IP address group: subset of addresses filtered by masks
• Protocol encapsulated in the IP packet (TCP, UDP, Telnet, FTP, etc.)
• DSCP field, single value and range
• TCP/UDP port, single value and range
• Agnostics filters defined by 16 bits masks and user defined offset
• Lawful filter: 64 byte pattern match at any place in the frame payload.
• Enterprise Forensic Analysis
• Defense and Intelligence agencies
• Law / Police / Intelligence applications
• Telecom Troubleshooters
• Complement to Firewalls
The CTIA Emerging Technology (E-Tech) Awards program honors the industry’s innovative new products and services in mobile apps, consumer electronics, enterprise & vertical markets and network technology. Net.Hunter has been nominated in the Security, Fraud & Privacy category, as a product indicated to protect infrastructure and customers against outside threats.
Rack or Handy?
Net.Hunter is presented in two formats:
1. the tradicional 1U rack-mounted,
2. hand-held self contained box.